Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February 16th - The man comes around

You may or may not know, but I'm a huge Johnny Cash fan. I made this piece of "art" a couple years ago when I was living with Justin VanFerrari in a house in Lawton. It's followed me since. The record is from Johnny Cash's first LP with Columbia Records in 1959 after leaving the famed Sun Records. My favorite tracks off this album are "Run softly, blue river" "One more ride" and "Don't take your guns to town".  His story is remarkable and much more elaborate and convoluted than the one told in "Walk the Line", in his real life story he credits his recovery to Jesus Christ, and gave his life over to the Emmanuel. I often think about this album cover and, based on his autobiographies, he was already addicted to several varieties of meth-amphetamine pills; I wonder if he had any idea where his faith journey would take him over the course of the next 50+ years.

February 16

2 comments: